Are you ready to start your dreadlock journey? You’ve come to the right place!
You’ll find below some useful information about dreadlocks installation such as the pricing, how long it will take, what to do before starting dreadlocks and what to expect with your new dreadlocks.
How long should your hair be to start dreadlocks?
All your hair should be at least 15 cm long, meaning that the shortest hair on your head should be 15cm long. I am not able to start dreads that will last if your hair is shorter than that.
Also, keep in mind that the shorter your hair, the more your dreads will stick up.
Now that you’ve checked that your hair is long enough, it’s time to get a quote 🙂
Get a quote for your dreadlocks installation
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a recent picture of your hair and the dread style you want to achieve. I will send you a quote ASAP and an estimated time that it will take to start your new dreadlocks.
Starting dreadlocks pricing
I offer only fixed prices for my dreadlocks services:
- Starting dreadlocks above shoulders: $450
- Starting dreadlocks below shoulders: $640
- Starting dreadlocks half-head (“man bun”, Mohawk…): $350
All in chair work is to be paid in cash at the beginning of each appointment.
Do you know how to prepare your hair before for your new set of dreadlocks? Read below!
How to prepare your hair before starting your dreadlocks
Wash your hair the day before, brush it and dry it. Have a good night sleep as it might take a while to start your new dreads.
Natural and organic dreadlocks installation
I only use a crochet hook for dreadlocks installation whatever your hair type. I don’t use any chemical, wax or glue. Your new set of dreads will be 100% natural and organic.
Dreadlocks installation takes between 3 to 12 hours + depending on your hair type, the thickness of your hair, the size of your dreads and the length of your hair.
I work with any hair type: afro, asian and european.
What to do after you got new dreads?
- Your new dreads will be a bit stiff and that is normal. It will soften over time.
- Don’t wash your hair for the first 10 days.
- Sea salt is great to help dreads mature quicker. Don’t hesitate to hit the beach and have a swim. Rinse your hair with clear water and let your hair dry naturally if possible.
- Avoid using conditioner, any creamy moisturiser that will leave build ups on your dreads. If you want to soften your dreads, apply a bit of the vegetable oil of your choice such as olive, sunflower, grapeseed or avocado oil.
Do you still have questions about starting new dreadlocks? Send us an email at email@example.com or fill the form below: